The weather here constantly switches between sunny, breezy and inclement. I can’t help but to think of it as an analogy to how life really is – how I feel about this year so far. Pretending that everything is going out exactly as I initially planned would be an exaggeration. I do hope things are well for you, though. But if we’re in the same boat, here are some healthy reminders that I like to give myself to help me look at the brighter side of things. Hopefully they will help you too.
- You’re breathing.
- You have people who love you.
- You have a roof above your head, clothes to wear and food to eat.
- You have SO much ahead of you. Why give up now?
- Things will be better eventually. Hold on.
- You’re stronger than you think you are.
- Good music exists.
- You have your favourite books sitting on your shelf. Who cares if you’ve re-read them a dozen times?
- Not everyone is meant to be a chapter. Some are destined to a be a short paragraph, some just a line. However, they’re still a part of your book. Cherish.
- Your favourite TV shows and movies are available online.
- You’re in control of your own happiness.
- Your beloved pets are always there for you.
- You can always have a shameless karaoke session.
- Failure doesn’t mean it’s over.
- It’s not your loss if people always seem to leave. They’re just blind enough to not see how wonderful you are.
- You’re worthy, you’re worthy, you’re worthy.
- There are people that you’ve encountered on the bus, the train etc. who wish they know you better.
- Be nice, although there are times when people tempt you to be otherwise.
- You’re not a mistake.
- They don’t know you, so their opinions don’t define you in any way.
- You’re allowed to be upset about things, but you also deserve to be happy.
- No effort will ever go to waste.
- There’s always a lesson behind everything that occurs to you. Silver linings aren’t always conspicuous, but soon you’ll comprehend why they happen.
- You have the right to walk away from any toxic friendships/relationships.
- Breathe in. Breathe out. You’ll be okay. Bad days happen. The good ones will come. You’ll be fine. Inhale. Exhale.
“You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.”
Hold on. Better things are coming your way.
P/S: I’ve missed writing so dearly. Procrastination happens when you get completely vulnerably distracted by YouTube.